Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Proud Shop Owner

        Today was a typical busy day in my life....I know,I know when isn't it. But while I was doing what I do at my day job I suddenly realized that today's Martha Stewart show was all about Etsy!
Just in case you missed it here is a link to today's episode.
I couldn't have been more proud to be a shop owner......well perhaps I could have ya know if I was lucky enough to be on the show. But I am delighted that Etsy is receiving some great exposure. Exposure like this could give all of us a better chance at higher sales!
One shop I must tell you about that was featured on her show is called Focus Line Art The owner Tracy Melton is a fellow Hoosier!! Woot Woot....go Indiana artists!! His shop's shingle hangs in Indianapolis Indiana. I love his work,it  is so vibrant and so unusual,your eyes will be held captive!





But today was also bitter sweet for me having learned that Martha's show has been cancelled by the Hallmark Channel. I am not happy! I have always loved her show and I hope she finds a new home channel. Because it just will not be the same without her.

2 comments:

  1. This painting of log bits is so original. I've browsed lots of interior sites in the last few months but never seen this before and I just love those blue's. I've been browsing the craft sites wondering what to make for mothers day as I've bought my mom a little Tracfone lg500g qwerty keyboard phone ($20 & $7/mnth service) , which is not personal. I thought of wooden hand painted signs for the kitchen, like 'love you mom', kind of shabby chic'ish. You can't go wrong with hand made cute stuff made of wood, everyone likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the art...unique! thanks for sharing Becky!

    sadly I'm not fond of M. Stewart...but regret you're losing access to her show!

    ReplyDelete